Monday, March 11, 2019

Father Becker March 11

Sorry I missed a few days here is the March 11 Lenten Lights from Father Becker


[For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, I’ll and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’

Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?  When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’

And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’ ] (Mt 25:35-40)

A reporter repulsed by Mother Teresa tending to the maggot infested wound of a helpless sick man in the gutter, he commented, “I couldn’t do what you do for $1 million.” Mother Teresa responded, “I couldn’t either, but for Jesus I can.” 

Mother Teresa saw Jesus in others especially in the suffering people left to die in the streets of Calcutta. She rightly believed that in loving the people around her, she was loving Jesus. 

Do we? Do we see Jesus in those we interact with—family, friends, coworkers, strangers, etc.? 

Jesus challenges us today to change our mindset. As we perform acts of charity this Lent may we recognize Jesus in those we serve and interact with daily. Jesus exhorts us to see Him in the people we work with, in the children we teach, in the people at the grocery store, etc. After all what we we do for the least of Jesus's brothers and sisters, we do for Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment